Good Scientific Practice
During the winter semester 2019/20, the MMRs is organising a lecture series on "Good Scientific Practice". The series will be held in English and is open to all doctoral candidates of the faculty.
Participation in the lecture series is mandatory for all doctoral candidates wanting to obtain
- a structured Dr. med.
- a structured Dr. med. dent.
- a structured Dr. rer. biol. hum.
Please have your participation signed by the respective lecturer in your log book!
When and Where
when: starting October 23, Wednesdays from 17 - 19
where: "Großer Hörsaal" (lecture room), room-nr. F 1.02, Pettenkoferstr. 14
Topics and Dates
Fixed topics and dates (lectures only on dates given here)
- 23.10.19 Dr. Elizabeth Schöter-Reiter: Intro and good scientific practice
- 30.10.19 Dr. Antje Hentrich: Plagiarism, Authorship & Publishing
- 6.11.19 CANCELLED
- 13.11.19 PD Dr. Jan Kiesewetter: The Stress in Science and Dealing with Publishing Pressure and how Predatory Journals can trap you
- 20.11.19 CANCELLED
- 27.11.19 ATTENTION: this lecture has been moved to the 29th of January 2020! There will be no lecture on Nov. 27, 2019
- 4.12.19 Prof. Dr. Anne-Laure Boulesteix: Open Science
- 11.12.19 Dr. Johanna Huber: Evaluation studies: constructing items for questionnaires
- 18.12.19 Prof. Nikolaus Plesnila: Basic Statistic
- 8.1.2020 Dr. Karoline Kretzdorn: How to be a decent collegue
- 15.1.2020 Prof. Dr. Mansmann: Advanced Statistic I (klassische Regression)
- 22.1.2020 Prof. Dr. Mansmann: Advanced Statistic II (Big Data and Omics)
- 29.1.2020 Prof. Dr. Eva Grill: Data Management and Laboratory Practice (new date!)
- 5.2.2020 CANCELLED
- 12.2.2020 PD Dr. Andreas Wolkenstein: Research Ethics
For all Ph.D. Medical Research candidates, the successful participation of at least 80% of the lectures will be awarded 0.5 ECTS. Please download the participation certificate and have it signed by the respective lecturer.
17.07.2019 - Open Science (PD F. Schönbrodt) presentation slides
- Certification of Participation (45 KByte)