MMRS Good Scientific Practice
MMRS lecture series „Good Scientific Practice"
As a result of the corona pandemic, the MMRS lecture series „Good Scientific Practice" (MMRS-Ringvorlesung "Gute wissenschaftliche Praxis") is offered as an online course in the summer semester 2020 and winter semester 2020/2021.
The asynchronous online course consists of screencasts (video recordings) on various topics relating to "good scientific practice" and related quiz questions. The processing time for each topic is approximately 2 hours. All content is provided in english.
The MMRS lecture series is open to all doctoral candidates of the LMU medical faculty.
For doctoral candidates wanting to obtain a structured Dr. med., structured Dr. med. dent. or structured Dr. rer. biol. hum. the participation is mandatory.
Doctoral candidates of the PhD in Medical Research receive 0.5 ECTS for their successful participation.
10 Modules / Topics of lectures
- Introduction to good scientific practice (Dr. Elizabeth Schröder-Reiter)
- Plagiarism, Authorship & Publishing (Dr. Antje Hentrich)
- Open Science & Reproducibility (Prof. Dr. Anne-Laure Boulesteix)
- Data Management and Laboratory Practice (Prof. Dr. Eva Grill)
- Research Ethics (Andreas Wolkenstein)
- Evaluation studies: constructing items for questionnaires (Dr. Johanna Huber, M.P.H.)
- Basic Statistic (Prof. Dr. Nikolaus Plesnila)
- How to write a paper (Prof. Dr. Nikolaus Plesnila)
- Mentorship (Mal)practice and how to be a decent colleague (DDr. Marc Weidenbusch)
- Mixed Methods studies with examples from health services research (Dr. Michaela Schunk)
We would like to thank all lecturers who contributed to the online course!
The MMRS lecture series is considered passed if 80% of the course modules have been completed.
If you extend your attendance over several semesters, the number of lectures in the semester of the first visit of a MMRS lecture is the basis for calculation.
Attended modules must be documented accordingly (when participating online like this semester, a download of the confirmation of participation - or - when attending a presence event, a confirmation of participation signed by the lecturer). When you have a "Logbuch" note 2 hours and enclose a printout of your confirmation/s of participation.
Here is how you get your confirmation of participation in this online course: The confirmation is available for download after completing a module (seen online lecture and answered quiz-questions) below the relevant content of the respective module.
Time schedule + Course registration:
The online course can be worked through until the end of the winter semester 2020/2021.
How to register yourself in the online course via Moodle:
- Website: https://www.med.moodle.elearning.lmu.de
- Login: LMU user ID / LMU Benutzerkennung * (or ID from the TU or the DFN-AAI respectively any other institution within the "DFN-Verbund")
- Kurssuche / Course search: MMRS-Ringvorlesung "Gute wissenschaftliche Praxis"
- Selbsteinschreibung / Self-Enrollment with the course key: MMRS_Einschreibung_SS2020
*) Further informationen, how to get an LMU Benutzerkennung, can be found here.
Further questions: email@example.com
Documents of past lectures
- 2019 Authorship and Plagiarism Antje Hentrich (2 MByte)
- 2019 Data Management Prof. Grill (4 MByte)
- 2019 Open Science Felix schoenbrodt (9 MByte)
- 2019 Certification of Participation (45 KByte)
- 2019 Intro Regression Advanced Statistic Prof. Mansmann (170 KByte)
- 2019 Logistic Regression Advanced Statistic Prof. Mansmann (2 MByte)
- 2019 Survival Advanced Statistic Prof. Mansmann (547 KByte)
- 2019 OMICS Advanced Statsitics Prof. Mansmann (1 MByte)