Good Scientific Practice
During the winter semester 2018/19, the MMRs is organising a lecture series on "Good Scientific Practice". The series will be held in English and is open to all doctoral candidates of the faculty.
Participation in the lecture series is mandatory for all doctoral candidates wanting to obtain
- a structured Dr. med.
- a structured Dr. med. dent.
- a structured Dr. rer. biol. hum.
Please have your participation signed by the respective lecturer in your log book!
When and Where
when: starting October 24th, Wednesdays from 17 - 19
where: lecture room F 1.02, Pettenkoferstr. 12
Topics and Dates
Fixed topics and dates (lectures only on dates given here)
- 24.10.2018 - Good Scientific Practice - Basics 1 (G. Löfflmann)
- 31.10.2018 - Good Scientific Practice - Basics 2 (Prof. N. Plesnila)
- 07.11.2018 - Good Scientific Practice - Basics 3 (Prof. N. Plesnila)
- 14.11.2018 - Basic Statistics (Prof. N. Plesnila)
- 21.11.2018 - Laboratory Practice/Labbooks & Data Management (Dr. M. Mende) Supplemented!
- 28.11.2018 - Authorship & Publishing, incl. Predatory Journals (Dr. M. Mende/G. Löfflmann)
- 05.12.2018 - Plagiarism & Citation (G. Löfflmann)
- 30.01.2019 - Research Ethics (Prof. G. Marckmann)
Fixed topics (date to be announced)
- Advanced Statistics (IBE), postponed to summer semester 2019
For all Ph.D. Medical Research candidates, the successful participation of at least 80% of the lectures will be awarded 0.5 ECTS. Please download the participation certificate (PDF, 146kB) and have it signed by the respective lecturer.